The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Forty Winks

That song plays in my head. A sweet voice that says: closer to my dreams. It plays like a mantra for me, to remember that I too am going places, doing things. I won't be a fish in stagnant water. I'll be the moon that sways the oceans. The force that guides the wind. When the leaves emerge in spring, I'll be on my way. When the floras in full bloom, I'll be arriving at my destination. On those nights a clear sky illuminates our shadow, know that I did all these things for you. So we could be here, laying in the softness of all our hours like children in long grass. Sharing the symphony of the trees, that gently pluck notes from the strings for us, the conductors.

I have big dreams and a little head,
my mother said wrapping her arms
around my even littler torso.
I'll just have to carry my dreams
in my love handles
was my reply, sliding from her hands.

1 comment:

Sincere Lee said...

This reads like a metaphor for my life right now. Inspiring and heartbreaking.