The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Friday, December 11, 2009

If it wasn't for you

I was hurtin today. Real bad. The kind of hurt that grabs at your breath. Pulls composure right up out from under you. I was in a world of hurt today, no amount of boo-hooing shed an ounce of resolution. None of my tears could wash away the decades, neither could they fill the void. My tears could replace the Pacific, but that's all they could do. Well...I guess they did do something else.
As my tears dripped off my face, they spelled out in morse code a cry for help and cast it off into the universe. Hearing my SOS, it replied in an overwhelming demonstration of love. It's amazing how even in some of my lowest points, I always get what I need. If even when through the muddled vision of sorrow I can't see, there will be a dozen hands to lead.
It's amazing how my dearest know. Like they coordinated amongst themselves what order to call me. I got 5 calls in a row. Had to say goodbye to answer the next. Now I have plenty to look forward to after this finals shit is over. I get to spend some quality time, instead of using my usual line "Can't, I have to study".
Love. It's the word of the day. Tiffany delivered good news. The baby will be born sometime around my birthday. My little goddaughter! She'll be born the year of the tiger, like me! I can't wait to see what hour she will arrive into this world. I can't wait to welcome this little critter to the vastness of possibilities.

No comments: