The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Final's Nuclear Reactor

This has been a horrible week. The one that starts a day away, will be even worse. Maybe I'm just telling myself it's going to be one day worse then the next, when in reality it is not...and I'm just trying to deceive myself into a pleasant surprise by the end of all this. Lord, I'm not sure. All I know is that this whole process is taking chunks out of my composure - physical and mental.
I don't think I've ever had so many finals in one week. Coagulation lecture and Lab on Monday. Those case studies are going to FUCK UP my shit...I'm scared. She's going to give us test results and we're going to have to figure out diseases from that. Normally I like problem solving like that. It's actually easy in theory - you look at each test, figure out what is abnormal, based on that you match it up with what the malfunction in the correlating disease. Easy right? ONLY if you know the theory behind the test and REMEMBER the underlying cause of the disease. I, however, closed out the bar two weeks in a row and neglected to study these important aspects of the class. Oops.
Tuesday is a little better, I only have biohazardous training to go to for work. It's a hour long lecture and just eats up my time. Chances are I will sleep through half of it, if not more. That'll give me ONE day to study for molecular and virology, because I have to spend more time on biochem. Wednesday molecular, Thursday virology, Friday The Dreaded Biochem. Then I'll be free.
Friday. My last day of undergraduate finals. I won't have finals for a long time to think about. I can't wait to graduate and be a legitimate professional. I've been all sorts of worried about what I'm going to do after graduation, academic wise, and I've decided I should probably do nothing for a while. I need time to chill the fuck out and get my panties out of the bunch that's been there for 5 goddamn years. Christ, that's a life-threatening wedgie. Since I'll have a job, thus the income to run away, I'm goin to live it up. Invest in the important things, like music, shoes, leather, just to name a few. I'm done cultivating my brain. I think I'm going to focus my energy on ME and do what the fuck I feel like. Fuck everybody and their opinions, they can eat it!

No comments: