The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You and me and me in you

1.
Ready? Steady, Go!
You're pace is much too slow!
If you got into this race
Don't you forget to replace
That old shoe for the other
Maybe one from your mother
it'd break her heart
to watch you fall
From the dreams
that made you tall
And made you strong
To make you whole
Around the world we'll steadily go
Searching for the finish line
Will you try to be here by dinner time?
2.
I could be blind
I could be deaf
still I'd know you if you left
the smallest remainder of your self
I'd still recognize it in one guess
It's because I love you best
My dear friend, my old foe
in foolish competitions
as in rowdy digressions
For who else could there be
For me to waste most all of eternity?
3.
Old man methodologies
Meteors govern astrology
Spinning a thick narrative
Did he ever forgive her for
her audacious perspective
she'd never back down
he'll never stand up
The stars aligned in a stand still
While planets collide at will
Surrounded in an apocalyptic convocation
of these two spirits volatile delegation

Can you guess your number?

No comments: