The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Flies in a web


Exploring dangerous territory, I am. Don't go there, they said. But I'm going to go there and I'm coming back with all limbs intact! So what's a few broken hearts? Nothing new, I say. I'll just play this game until I'm bored or until I lose - but be warned, there is no winning. The coffee shops and local bars of this metro area will be my stage. We'll say our lines and make our exits. Tomorrow there will be another play.
Fools - we are all just fools in life's masterpiece and I, the foolish juggernaut. I have no qualms with that. Although the fool is an imprudent character who shows no concern with proper judgment, don't let my colorful outfit deceive you. These bells are made to distract you. And this smile is made to persuade you. I am only as innocent as you think it. As free of guilt as I can maneuver.
Still, you can't blame the fool for fooling you. It'd be improper and rude to turn folly's double edge against a friend like that. I mean only to play and play to have fun. To make laugher in the lives of me and mine. Don't deny yourself that, if you ever shared a moment of it. Have the sense to know that if you're not up for the games, don't make a wager with the jester.
When I see the prize I want, I barrel through any obstacles to obtain it. To hold it in my hands and shelter it with my smile. And when I see another trophy, the change in my trajectory might trample some things underfoot. Chances are that I wouldn't even notice what I leveled in my wake. Even if that was something I previously cherished (Well it aint no more!). My fancy is fickle and my attention span minimal, but I'll always remember my affections ... for my blood meals. ;)


No comments: