The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Beep Beep

Semester coming to a close...it feels like pending doom. doom. doom. doom.
After this, I only have to suffer a little longer. Just a few more months of agonizing torture, then my summers will be mine once more! They haven't been for quite some time, leased out to natural sciences. Curse my love for natural sciences!

I have a 4 page paper to write. I'm ignoring this pending feeling. I think I like the pressure. This reinforces my masochistic tendencies. However, I did get to spend some in-between-time with the United Nations Trio (Brandy, Levon, and I). Needed that, sorely too. They anchor me, especially when I'm confused (which be often). It's funny the things I don't have to say, because they finish my sentences. <3
Anyways, procrastinate no more. Pending doom. doom. doom. must be attended too. That and hematology.

P.S. - I am going to assist in a neurosurgery experiment on a pig tomorrow. It's getting an MRI. In other news, I extracted genomic DNA from yeast. It smelled like bread and was soft like toothpaste. I screwed up 2 times, getting it on the 3rd try. (rawr) Made some dilutions and called it a day. After tomorrows pig experiment I'm going to run the PCR. Will report back shortly. I'm super excited about this piggy event.

No comments: