The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Exit Stage Left

It's time to let her go. Current times are of utmost importance and I can only surround myself with people who will lift me up. Like any relationship, I need friends who will grow with me. Not the lives of stagnant people, still in the little pond they can't swim out of. Like still water, it's easily polluted. Insects lay their larva, bacteria divide and proliferate. Infective footprints, that's what I'm comparing Kelly to. Her mark on my life will never be the fresh running water the thirsty will want to drink from. To keep her in my life would only leave the possibility my thirst would drive me to drink from contaminated water.
I can feel her silent hate. Don't think because you won't bring yourself to say it, that I can't read it all over your body language. Why pretend we are friends when you've vocalized your desire to see me tumble from the foundation I've made for myself? She once said to me while I was helping her hold up her passenger side window, "I hope that glass falls and breaks so it'll cut your face and you won't be prettier then me." WTF kind of person would say that?! Especially while I am in the middle of HELPING you!
For a year, maybe more, I had decided we couldn't be friends although we did still talk. She would confide in me that she was depressed and because of that I decided to help her. That if she needed a friend to be there, to pull her out of it, I would do that for her. Perhaps it is because I myself have been in deep endless melancholy that has filled up my days. It's a hard place to be and sometimes what you need to hear are the words of friends. To say they care. That they'll always be there.
However, I won't be there anymore. You have never been there for me. You try to guilt me when I tell you I have to study and you hate me when I speak about good things in my life. I tell you the progression of my education and my professional life and you say to me "Oh you think you're so smart." - Well bitch, I AM smart. Smart enough to distance myself from ill wishing.
It's not like I didn't work hard for everything I have. I've worked hard enough for both of us (have you forgotten the reason you passed bio was because I provided for you a term paper?). Don't hate me because I am doing well for myself. Don't hate me because I don't hate you. Still, I have to bid you adieu. You're not good for me and I'm just too good to you. I know who my true friends are. Regretfully, you are not among them.

No comments: