The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Again

Inhale. water. Breath.
Your vision is fuzzy and before you know it.
You're floating face down.
Don't it feel nice?
To be so free
from gravitational influences.
We'll never get that
Standing up.

I just applied for a position in Dr. Atkins molecular lab. My GPA is not what it once was, but I hear it's good enough to get into grad school. I hope it's good enough to get me this position. Really. I fucking will hold my breath until I hear from him.

...I think I'm overreacting.

I have so much on my plate this semester. I have exams, I must remember to breath. I still have an assignment to type up, due tomorrow. I still have to study. (I always feel like I'm falling behind.) John wants me to call him and I so sorely do. He must wait, there is work to do.

No comments: