The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sentimental Barometer


I have feelings, as much as I'd like to swallow them. It's a curious thing to have feelings. You never know from which crevice they came from and where they will retreat to. I have a wind chime for an emotional indicator. Soft notes float away with my melancholy while the next gust brings exhilaration. Like a drop in the ocean that changes the tide and controls the gale.
My moral character can be traced on a timeline, which can be converted to a graph. Frequency of lovers plotted on the X-axis, with virtue plotted on the Y. It's not that I act with calculated manipulation, just that I act with disregard. I don't deal with my emotions, so maybe that should be policy when dealing with me. I've said before, I've got a disclaimer. I come with fine print. I won't let you know until you've signed on the dotted line all the little things that don't apply.
Somewhere deep inside my eggshell mind sits that girl I once knew. So full of ideals and maybe some innocence. Hard to distinguish if it was actually there, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt that at one time I was unadulterated. My Lord do I act jaded, but what can one do once the threshold is reached? Just sit adorned, I suppose.

No comments: