The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm milk, you're honey

I feel like a silly cat sometimes, the way I maneuver my emotions. I have to admit I have them, bitter as they use to be. They've suddenly acquired a sweetness I swore was artificial. Love is sugar from the cane. Honey off the comb. And I'll lick it all up. Lick it off my fingers, lick it off any place his honey has dripped. Like a kitten, with little laps, I drink up all the milk. A good feline, not a stray. I'm a house cat now, I've decided to stay.

I don't mind being one confined by a house, perched by the window peering out. Outside these walls are plenty of mice and colorful birds. Undoubtedly all things kittens like to chase, to taste even. But one mouthful later and you'll realize, these coveted morsels were covered in lice. Not so tasty as they once appeared. They bite the tongue and itch the ears. I'm convinced it's more comfortable in here with my dish.

His lap is warm, his hands are soft as he runs them down my back. His hands all in my hair. I purr and roll my head in pleasure as my master pets me there. He gets me roaring like an little engine till I roll over for more. Wanting more of those long strokes that get my claws out and my tail swishing.

He makes me feel like a silly cat who only wants to play. For as long as he dangles that toy, I'll be a good kitten who obeys.

1 comment:

SGRMSE. said...

i liked this post.

tres much.