The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Le sigh

Human lives are funny to me when I think of all the connections. When introductions become reunions, I feel like the world gets a tad smaller. As if my perspective of the human population inflates and deflates, depending on the degrees of separation between the people that pop in, out, or just pass by.

Which is why I love reading the missed connections part of the paper. It makes me feel a little like I'm catching a secret glimpse into the lives of two strangers whose fates have not been forecast. My imagination gets swept up in a Hollywoodesque fashion as I weave a silly story about someone getting what they were searching for. So of course she's slim and beautiful, he's tall and rugged. She's got the glamor and he's got the suave. Cue the music. Act 1.

Unfortunately, not everyone gets what they're looking for. No matter how much gusto they put into their manhunt. Which gets me thinking, how much have I invested in all my quest/conquest? Since I run around like a woman on a mission sometimes, how much of that effort actually came to fruit? It's a good question to ask, but my imagination neglect to hear it. It's busy writing away at some script that will never get read, because if anything it likes to explore possibilities.

No comments: