The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Kiss me into consciousness

I'm laying in bed, naked under the sheets. Behind the heavy black curtains the sun pours in around the boarder and the room begins to glow. I notice it only faintly at first. The way you notice someone watching from across the room. This vague sense of attention directed towards you when you're caught off guard. Steadily it gets brighter until the room seems to fill like a basin of water. Radiant yellow-white light splashing all over, painting a picture of the world outside these four brick walls. Then suddenly I'm no longer in this room, I'm everywhere but this room. I'm outside and inside my mind. I've fallen asleep and found the sun in dreams.

No comments: