The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

In a bookworm's cocoon

A woman on the bus walks on with a smutty novel under arm, depicting a shirtless man with a dame clutching at his leg. I notice it's a well worn book, many women have enjoyed it I'm sure. There was a library stamp on the top, so many women or just one really enthusiastic reader must have gotten off on that piece of work. It made me want to shine a black light over it - how much girl cum does a dirty library book contain? Enough to power a Betty Crocker crock pot I'm sure. Hungry for supper anyone?


Is a graphic sex novel a woman's equivalent to penthouse or playboy? Both are tools of satisfaction that trees where felled for. One just comes in pink and the other in blue. I smirk a little at this comparison, and find it black and white true. That a woman's brain takes at least 100 more pages to get off than a man's - who is satisfied with (and all over) a few glossy photos.

Reading a book takes time, since there is no point in furiously flipping through pages. It's also a very private encounter, one in which no one outside of you and your book knows exactly what's going on. Unlike a magazine, it's not on full frontal display and is completely acceptable in public. Not only that, it's very involving. The full picture is more of a puzzle, that takes it tantalizingly slow to finally come together.

Women's brains are needy due partially to it's invested involvement with emotions. Females are so fucking greedy for it; wanting the whole cake and wanting to eat it draped in metaphorical (but often times not) silk and jewels. In addition to physically having, most women expect emotional commitment. Blinded are they by this sickness they will supersede anyone viewed as a third party. So I guess you could use this breathy explanation as reasons why you had to burn that bridge, smash that windshield, or on any other occasion acted like a lunatic.

Romance novels are what I call a cheap and easy read. The plot is fairly simple and all the stories have been homogenized. Although intellectually void, it has it's niche in that part of the my female brain that is equivalent to the clitoris. Herein lies the distinction of our mentality as well as our human commonalities. Next time you call him a dog, there's a good chance you're a bitch.

No comments: