The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, June 29, 2009

All my days

There are days I love you, but most days I'm indifferent to you. The days I notice you, are days I'd like back. Being in my own skin itches. Nothing fits like it use to and the tightness where it just won't fit is giving me a wedgie. I can't stand it, but mostly I just can't stand myself. I can't stand that I have dreams unfufilled. So seemingly untouchable.

I feel like I'm in a hole. I know at any point it could start raining and I'd drown, but I'm still digging. As if keeping on task would fend off troubled thoughts. So I keep digging, even as dark clouds roll in. I'm still digging. far enough down that each consecutive shovelful is going nowhere but back on top of me. When it rains, I'll be drowning in mud.


No comments: