The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Vanilla cup no. 8

We play these games just to be cruel. We could just be confused. Confused as ever. It's hard to decipher the reasons each time I make this orbit past square one. Perpetually landing on the launching pad, but I'm still circling the same person. 
For reasons unknown to me, I can't let him go and so I can't let anyone in. I am more forgiving than I knew I was capable of, applicable only to him. How the hell did he get so much leverage? I've cut him out of my life multiple times but one way or another he worms his way back in. I burned the bridge between us only to build a raft. It's not easy, but somehow it works (most inefficiently). 
He said yes, but I don't remember what I asked him. I was too drunk to remember things I said. There's a faint recollection, but by no means is there a time table. I wish I knew what he agreed to. 

No comments: