The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I dare not say

If it where not for coffee, I would only be half as intelligent as I appear. It's a struggle to understand my own mental capacity; it's about as dexterous as a Willow's leafy tendrils. From somewhere deep, dark, and dank, is my determination to explode onto the academic scene. I picture them to scoff at my fashionably late entrance. "Who's this nobody?" the other scientist would ask, with an pompous air about their abnormally large heads. 
Exactly that, I am nobody. I know nothing and I have done nothing. I'm just a nobody who dreamily wishes to be more than a speck of dust in the cosmic scheme of things. All the while my three pound mass was in a state of lucid delusion, I contrived a notion of grandeur. With the Milky Way as the backdrop, I peeled away reality's curtain to reveal the consequence of my resolution. 
So, I had to swim out of the fog of doubt and come crashing mouth first into the sandy shore. It was a difficult recovery and I'm still metabolizing that half ounce of THC I assimilated in one day. Sloth is so unbecoming and I must endeavor to relinquish such a horrid trait. Among these other task at hand, the most prominent ordeal is to capture the attention of a demigod. 

No comments: