The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nuh Cry

Here it goes again
Heels hitting hard on pavement
This backwards direction I'm headed in
These bricks walls controlling
every movement
Can't be lost without direction

Here I go again
Places once seen before
Bumming change to make a call
Sewer steam provides the heat
rolling down the empty street
The avenue of broken dreams

Here we go again
The same story gets rewritten
the script is ripped and dog eared
A decade ago we could have cared
but that sentiment expired sometime last year

Here I go again
backseat driver of my own mind
Here we go again
Lessons unlearned, progress hits rewind
Here it goes again
Just like every other time

The dusk settles discretely
with free ignorance
Discovered every way
to become indifferent
Just by making masters
out of petty experience
standing on the precipice
of a life away from this

History repeats perpetually
crunch of earth beneath the wheel
Gagged and bound
The spokes go round
Until I've been right side down
Right and wrong start blending in
with every revolutions spin
the end result is always one
the knots that tie
they come undone.

No comments: