The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Be killin' em

I found a partner in crime, which makes her my partner for life. We line 'em up and knock 'em down. Last night was pretty funny as well as endearing. Neither of us acted on our carnal desires, but boy is it flattering the boys who get in line. Our pearly whites and fluttering lids, quite a pair the two of us.
It's a game, really. Are we really looking for love when we already have it among each other and our circle of friends? The love I share with my friends is much deeper and much more profound. It's not the trivial kind of "love" that come and go with each new suitor. Lovers, I have no love for them. They are mice and we have fangs. However, I am fair. I give warning to those who I feel may have a soul (Remember: Dogs have no souls). Be my friend first and I will love you deeply and truly.
I pluck hearts like flowers. Take a moment in the sun to smell them, then discard them for a fresh one. Sometimes I feel like a shell of a romantic; a romantic in every sense, just unattainable by man. The ones I fall deeply for are also spirits and nymphs. I've fallen in love with the wind once before, only to leave me cold.

Oh Cupid, my sweet,
never to be seen.
Take me by your hand.
Illumiated by candle light
I'll keep the blade at my side.
And when you release,
the soft sigh of sleep.
I will betray you with a gaze.
Burning your skin until you wake.
Only to be abandoned at the summit.
All the while my love grows deeper.
For my husband, the mystical creature.

No comments: