The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Oi

My last day of this "official" break is winding down. I feel like this is my last opportunity to indulge in guilt free personal pleasures that I've saved away for a time when academics did not rule my forebrain. There's this magic surrounding a to do list on nice parchment. It sheds light on the fact that most often, I need to be told what to do. It's quite contradicting since also, in the same place that needs direction, is the part of me that refuses authority. In the benefit of productivity, I submit. 
I woke up this morning resolving to do no work. I have money lying around so I think I might just spend it. The forecast today seems lonely with light showers of human contact. I don't know if I'm up for one-on-one time today. If that does happen, it must mean that I've gone to see Kevin about some ink. The only draw back of being so indecisive so early in the morning is that time waste away. Perhaps I should make a Like-to-do list and see how accomplished I am by the end of Earthly rotation. 

Things I'd like-to-do-today
  1. Smoke a blunt. 
  2. Print immunohematology text
  3. Go North
  4. Go West
  5. Stay put. 
As you can see. I can't very well go in two directions will staying prone. Just won't happen. Logic says no. But maybe if I get in the shower now I could do all these things. Maybe if I get in the shower now, I'll decide which one is more important. Oh Leisure, you take the best of me.

No comments: