The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Blue Tides

Just as quickly as they step out of the room does the inspiration to reflect on my life come over me. I try to assess the emotion behind budding thoughts, but it's hard to recognize what anything means in these times. The riot of thoughts reaches the exit in perfect synchrony, consequently nothing can breech this threshold. So that's my life, those are my thoughts. They swim around my mentality, sometimes smelling blood. Sometimes smelling of blood. The tide, mostly composed of a school of realizations, never make it to the meal. They are hungry, starving, and helpless. Completely helpless to the undertow of the majorities direction. A prisoner of the currents. A casualty of need.

The polarity of my person is, I swear it, a thousandfold. It's not that my mind's not made up...or it could be. Who really knows? Not I. Not my psychologist, since he is the one who is constantly asking ME questions. Look at me, do you think I know anything? For all the things I present to be, egotistical I am not. This is often mistaken for my want of solidarity. I don't think they understand, deep down inside I just want to hide. I'm the MVP of the hide and seek team. I'm visibly invisible. Half out of choice and the other out of fear. It's true, I'll admit it - I can be humble:

I'm so scared.

No comments: