The Skinny

My photo
Detroit, Mi
I'm in the process. I'd like to expand on that, but it's in the process. I go about my business under the guidance of gut-feelings and universal street signs. I see myself as a very quiet person. Not because I have little to say, only that my abundant thoughts know not where to start. As a child I fantasized about looking through a telescope to give me truth about the world. It amuses me now that what I am doing is looking down a microscope in an effort to reevaluate my holistic position. I am a loner, a drifter, a dreamer.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

God Particles

A thought. Just a thought. The misunderstanding people have regarding viruses. It's prevalent in fiction and pictures. Think of the number of times viruses have starred as the source of scifi stories. Writers run wild with the concept. From what I have gathered about viruses, not limited to what I have learned academically. Think of the word virus and what do you think? What do you think you know about these little non-living-but-kind-of-living creatures? It's all about the technicality when they made the decision that a virus is not considered sentinel although candidly it is animated. So what do I think based on the entirety of the noun?
I think viruses are the fingerprints of the tangible part of a higher power. They multiply and thrive without having to utilize much of anything. They act as a template that can insert into any other being, almost effortlessly, and manipulate it in ways that cascade into the uncharted future and beyond. They cannot be stopped. As mankind works tirelessly to eradicate the situation, the virus further taunts our mortality by exploiting it's corporal vessel at the cusp of discovering a magic bullet. Their minute size allows them to molest us according to their fancy. All we can do is be subjected.
The virus is not on top of the food chain, again, for technical reasons only. If we disregard the concurrence of the scientific clique, viruses dominate all living souls on earth. They are not limited to any specific plant or animal. On the contrary, they are specific for each plant, animal, and bacteria. They bring down the populations of ever kingdom of life, separate of each. They stand outside classification but govern taxonomy.
God is cited as the source of life. God is all mighty. God is steady in his resolve. So it is God's will to impart life, as it is to take life. Although unseen, God is in control of the whole stage. Not so different from our unseen little friends; our highly specialized, hyper efficient, indestructible, little God particles.

No comments: